SERMON RESOURCEs FOR
THE BOOK OF 1 CORINTHIANS
1 Corinthians 11:17-34
These questions are from the "Navigators Bible Study"
1. What essential truths about the Lord’s supper (in Jesus’ work for us) can you glean from 11:23-26?
2. What do you think should be your attitude toward the Lord’s Supper? Why?
3. How does eating and drinking this meal proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes (11:26)?
4. Why should we be careful to avoid taking the Lord’s Supper in an unworthy manner (11:27, 29-30)?
5. What does Paul mean by "unworthy manner" from 11:18-22 and from 11:28-29, 31?
6. What does it tell you about communion that some in Corinth had actually sickened and even died because they did not take communion with the proper attitude (11:30)?
7. How do you think you should go about examining yourself before participating in the Lord’s Supper?